I got informally tagged by
because I made the mistake of reading through his journal. The mighty power of suggestion compelled me to invade the privacy of my classic OC, the long-suffering Fox Tayle. Some of you may remember him from the story I began back in high school in 2005, and a few of you may have even patiently waited through the 7-year odyssey just to see what happened to him. Well, it's been ten years since his story ended, and I managed to track him down just for you.
For those of you who have no clue what any of this is, you might as well stop reading and go here
1. What is your real name and nickname?
Fox: My "official" name is EXPAS-003-F. Experimental Animal Soldier #003, Fox. Formerly property of biotech firm BioCon Corporation and the U.S. Government. I prefer to be called Fox Tayle. I thought I was being clever at the time and the name stuck.
2. Interesting... what is your current age?
Fox: I was born around 1979, I think. Maybe 1980? Not sure. I don't dwell on my age since most of my life isn't worth remembering. I'd have to check my old dossier again if I can find it; it's in a box in the attic.
3. Uh-uh, what is your favorite food?
Fox: Oh, red meat. I love hamburgers. Meatballs, too.
4. And your favorite drink?
Fox: Water mostly. I don't like alcohol if that's what you're getting at.
5. Confession time! Who is your lover?
Fox: Miss Diana Foxworthy.
6. Have you kissed anyone yet?
Fox: Diana, in Las Vegas. God, 2006 feels like so long ago.
7. What about your childhood sweetie?
I didn't have one. My childhood, such as it was, was spent undergoing genetic therapy, learning how to walk on two legs, kill people and follow orders. The first woman I dealt with was a Russian scientist named Dr. Moskvitch at the lab, and she was no sweetheart.
8. Who is your favorite author?
Fox: Aristotle. Also Larry Warren, the guy who wrote the Haynes Repair Manual for my '86 El Camino.
9. Now, what is your biggest fear?
Fox: Being captured and imprisoned against my will.
10. Any siblings?
Fox: Any siblings I had are surely long dead.
11. Almost done, it's only 20 questions. Who is your hero?
Fox: You people are sure nosy. My heroes are my deceased friends. Wolf, Shep, Miss Wanda Myers.
12. OK, who is your worst enemy?
Fox: Jack Archer. Former U.S. Representative who initiated the government defense contract that created me. Oh yeah, he also tried to kill me. That bastard might still be rotting in prison. Good riddance.
13. Huh, alright. Now who is your best friend?
Fox: The Foxworthy family, Diana and her parents. They mean the world to me. Also the good people who helped me on my journey to freedom.
14. Interesting, what would you do if you met your creator?
Fox: I've met Dr. Ted Cardiff enough times. I appreciate that he respected my privacy after he delivered the ashes of my comrades. We lost contact in his retirement. He could be dead now for all I know.
15. Now, what do you want to be when you grow up?
Fox: A little late for that.
16. What is your worst nightmare?
Fox: Didn't I already answer this? I still get haunted by the memories of war, death, thoughts of terrible harm coming to those I care about.
17. What's your lifelong dream?
18. What would you do if your lifelong dream came true?
Fox: Thankfully it already has.
19. OK, where's your favorite place to relax?
Fox: My home in Colorado. Sometimes Diana and I take the car out to a trail in the mountains and hike together.
20. Last question. What do you do most of the time?
Fox: I keep busy on the property; service the vehicles; go for drives at night and just think.